The Mid-Autumn Festival must be coming up when mooncakes and lantern specials are all around us. Let’s hack the traditional inspiration by re-imagining the handmade lantern with lasers and LEDs!
Sunday, Sep-04 1-3pm
- Sunday, Sep-11 10-12pm
- Sunday, Sep-11 1-3pm
At this workshop, the children and their parents will hack the traditional Mid-Autumn lantern to design and make their own laser-cut lantern in an environmentally-friendly way.
- Visiting HK’s first hacker-/makerspace
- Re-imagine and re-appropriate design traditions into your own Mid-Autumn lantern
- Learn the basics of laser cutting and laser cut your own lantern
- Learn the basics of electronics and light your lantern with LEDs
- Learn the value of sustainability and upcycling by using recycling materials for your creation
- Gaining technical skills via hands-on learning, making and assem-bling your own lantern with a variety of tools
No previous experience or skill necessary – were here to guide you through. Follow the link for more information: Young Makers – Change Makers
- $250 (general admission)
- $200 (for YMCM)
Here a few pictures of the event last weekend: