Hackers know it: hacking is a lot of fun. But what to hack on exactly? Well, we are a group of people passionate about Free Software, and, starting May 1st, we will meet regularly to hack together on various projects.
These recurring hackfests will take place every other Wednesday at the Dim Sum Labs, from 8pm to 10pm.
So come and have fun with us!
It doesn’t matter whether you’re a hard-core programmer or a “complete noob”. We’ll help you learn what you need as you go. If you’re still wondering, here are some examples of people who might want to join us:
- you are “just a user” of Free Software, and there’s this silly bug in your favourite application which has been bothering you for a while? Come and figure out how to fix it with us!
- you are a programmer who enjoys hacking on Free Software projects in their spare time? Come hack with us, instead of doing it alone!
- you have this brilliant idea which will change the world? Come show it to us, and we’ll hack on it together!
- you are the main developer of a small project which is dear to you, and you could use some manpower to make it move forward? Come have a sprint with us!
- you want to learn programming by actually doing it for Free Software? Come, and we’ll help you get started.
- or any other reason, you will be welcome anyway!
And it doesn’t have to be about code! Writing documentation, designing or translating Free Software, this is all hacking too!
We only have one rule: we will only hack on Free Software projects during these meetings.
If you want to have more details,
use the form below to leave a comment. feel free to send me an email by clicking on my name at the top of the article, or here. (I just realized that comments are only opened to registered users)
Otherwise, feel free to just come. No registration needed, just show up with your own computer, say hi and we'll start hacking together.
Remember: Wednesday May 01, from 8pm to 10pm, at the Dim Sum Labs.