Tonight, we had an unscheduled visit by a French hacker who has been working the past year on reverse engineering the HTC Vive system and made a miniature version of their tracker / sensor. That system enable to follow 3d position a person or an object in a 3d space in real time.
He explained us the in and out of the project, problems faced, type of component required for the project and their specific properties.
After the presentation, discussions started on related subject, interests were shared among some of our members and other visitors.
Here a few links shared in the evening:
- Cédric the French hacker of the evening
- FingerIO : Using active sonar for fine-grained finger tracking
- Daniel Rapp : Motion sensing using the Doppler effect
- Nick Gillian GRT : it is a cross-platform, open-source, C++ machine learning library designed for real-time gesture recognition
- Ml5js.org : aims to make machine learning approachable for a broad audience of artists, creative coders, and students.