The Mid-Autumn Festival is coming up as mooncakes and lantern specials are all around us.
Let’s hack the traditional inspiration by re-imagining the handmade lantern with LEDs and recycle materials!
- Saturday the 18th of September 2021 from 13:00 till 18:00
At this workshop, the children and their parents will hack the traditional Mid-Autumn lantern to design and make their own laser-cut lantern in an environmentally-friendly way.
- Safe Visit of Hong Kong’s first Hackerspace
- Re-imagine and re-appropriate design traditions into your own Mid-Autumn lantern
- Learn the basics of:
- Simple Graphic Editing: with software like Painta & Inkscape – we will have a couple of computers for you to work on.
- Laser Cutting your own lantern with a Laser machine
- Electronics and LED to light-up your lantern
- Up-cycling common material into your new unique creation
- Gaining technical skills via hands-on learning, assembling, making your own lantern with a few tools.
No previous experience or skills are necessary to participate in this workshop. In any case some of our members will be here to guide you through the whole process.
Cost: $250 (general admission)
Only Requirement: Bring along with you a mobile phone power bank for the lantern with the following socket: